View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I wonder about strategies sometimes. There has been an ebay item listed at all kinds of amounts in the $450-$500 range for the last several years. (I am not outing it as I still am always considering it ) The seller now has it listed around $30 higher than my last offer was. I had made a few lower offers before and all exchanges have been very polite.
I don't really understand those kind of strategies sales. Maybe they don't know why I am do damned cheap? ...(it's in my DNA).
But if I have something for sale on a Best offer, for years, and someone offers within 10-20 percent, they own it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
I think you did just fine, just next time don't feel obligated to put a time limit with your offer. Best Offers made through eBay's automated system have an automatic 48-hour expiration. There are also automated messages and warnings too buyers warning that in essence state that the only way to guarantee they get the item is to click But It Now. Until then, someone else can fairly purchase the item per eBay's rules.

Personally, I get a little annoyed with the "What's the lowest price you'll take?" messages on items for which I have Best Offer enabled. That's what the BO feature is for. My favorite response for these tire-kickers is, "That depends. What's the most you would pay?"