View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Default 20th Century Baseball

Posted By: Gary B.

Bonds fans who think their guy isn't getting the love he deserves should remember what the Beatles said: "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

Well, we live in different worlds. I was just saying to my wife the other day that I don't know what I'm going to do in terms of following baseball once Bonds retires. I check out cnn/si every day to look at the baseball news, but the first thing i always check for is to see what bonds has done and what amazing totals he's added to each day. i then follow how well the giants are doing because i would love for him to win a world series. i follow the rest of the sport as well, but i'm more into statistics then standings, and there is NO ONE putting up the numbers he is. Once he's gone, unless someone does something as amazing to take his place (HIGHLY doubtful), I'll be following the game more generally with a little less enthusiasm (though still naturally into vintage cards) until someone else comes along who can have seasons with 70 home runs, 200 walks, 100 intentional walks, .600 on base percentage .800 slugging percentage and a .370 average. I think the guy is fantastic no matter what anyone else says. We're witnessing something very rare, and I plan on enjoying every moment of it, but I suspect those that don't like him won't be moved by my words. Oh well, it won't stop me from being a fanatical Bonds fan.

Talk about unbreakable records, he's amassing several of them that are going to be very tough to match...