View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

If you consider pitchers with basically the same rules with the signs reversed, the Dinger Whiff Number becomes a zero sum game. Pitchers would get +1 for a K and -4 for homerun allowed or a gopher ball.

By checking a couple pitchers, Walter and Randy (not your average Johnsons), we find that both dead ball Walter and modern Randy both had career Dinger Whiff Numbers over 3000. No batter has reached 2000.

Makes sense as there are many pitchers who strike out a lot of hitters that don’t hit many home runs. Therefore pitching criteria for the Dinger Whiff Hall of Fame have not been determined. If one wanted to find the tenth best pitcher in Dinger whiffs, his number would be comparable to 1000 for the batters considered Hall of Famers. I’m sure ‘stache could determine the tenth best pitcher faster than I, so I will wait for him to wake up.

And Paul, except for the deadlines in Rule #4, you can enter to your heart’s content. Sanchez and Gregorius may well be better choices than Judge and Stanton when all is said and done.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 04-17-2018 at 09:54 AM.