View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 11:49 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

We already know what Tyson would do with Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield: lose. Let's go through the exercise for some better champions:

Muhammad Ali: would have made mincemeat of Tyson before they ever got into the ring. Ali's mental games were tailor made for guys like Liston and Tyson, and his style was perfect: look at what he did with Frazier, and Frazier had balls. Tyson is disqualified after 7-8 rounds of being cut to pieces and frustrated to the point of, I don't know, biting Ali on the ear.

Joe Louis: every bit as powerful as Tyson in his day (he broke Schmeling's back with a punch), cool as a cucumber under fire, would have beaten him down and knocked him out inside 10.

Jack Dempsey: Same outcome as Louis but way more fun to watch. The guy who shattered Jess Willard's face in 1919 could punch with anyone. Dempsey's vulnerability was to a master boxer, not a brute.

Joe Frazier: I would PPV this one, and I am a cheapskate, as it would be the war of the worlds. Tyson would quit or be KTFO.

Sonny Liston: This would have been a live one. Two intimidating brutes with emotional and mental deficiencies going at each other. Close but I give Liston an edge based on quality of opposition.

Rocky Marciano: same fight as Frazier. Marciano would walk through hell rather than lose; Tyson, not so much.

Jack Johnson: Similar to the Lewis fight. Uses his jab and defense to hold Tyson and bay and take him apart. One-sided and boring distance fight.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-27-2018 at 11:55 AM.