View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
Absolutely love this set although I don't have the budget to build the whole thing. David's Mays is awewsome btw plz sell it to me! Pretty plz? Matt you've got a good taste of sets and cards. Anyway, I have these two from the set

BTW-this post also illustrates the importance of a good scanner, the clemente scans is from my old scanner, the mantle from my new/better one...
Pat,

Thanks for the kind words. That Mays was actually an upgrade to the 5.5 I had. Yes, this 5 blew away my old 5.5. I know a lot set registry guys find that difficult to understand because all they think about is numbers, but when you buy the card and not the holder it was an obvious choice for me as the 5 looked way better than my 5.5.

Yes, a good scanner makes all the difference in the world. Great scan and really great card, Pat. That Mantle is absolutely awesome. I think you owe me a new keyboard as that card left me drooling all over mine.

As far as building the set, I've picked up most of the commons in the $5 range and you can get the stars in the PSA 5 or SGC 60-70 range pretty reasonably. I say go for it, Pat. Heck, you've already knocked out two of the biggies.