View Single Post
Old 04-07-2002, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Default Am I Missing Something Here????

Posted By: Tom

But I've picked up a few of the Topps T206's........ not the ORIGINAL T206's encapsulated in the cards but some of the smaller Topps cards.....okay........here's a primer..........
They have a 180 card regular set that includes about 15 'reprint' T206's at the end of the set. Includes Speaker, Wagner, Plank, Cobb and others. Size is normal 2.5 by 3.5. Then there's mini (T206-sized) 'parallel' sets of the 180 cards in Polar Bear (easiest), Tolstoi Black (slightly harder), Tolstoi Red (don't really remember these from 1909.....but like 1 per box) and Cycle (one per box). So...........now you know..........the real T206's (and T205's) are 'seeded' about 1 for every 5 boxes. Haven't seen any hofer's yet though. In addition, there are 15 cards that have mini versions that have
Bazooka backs (again....don't remember these from 1909....). They include Nolan Ryan, Ichiro, Pujols, and 12 others. There are only 30 of each of the Bazooka backs. Keith Olbermann has been bidding all those up to astronomical prices. He did a little writeup that is included in each box about how he bought T206's back in the 1970's and what a great product this is.......yadda yadda yadda...........
Please don't flame me for buying this stuff!