View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 06:16 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Thought I would weigh in and retell this story about the durability of Beckett cases.

About 4 years ago my wife had purchased a 52 Bowman Campanella for me for Christmas. When she gets a card for me she always tries to buy a graded one for the peace of mind that she isn't getting an altered or fake card. Anyway, she was tracking the shipping of the card on line a saw that it had been marked "delivered". She looked around and couldn't find the package with the other mail and packages that had been placed on our front porch. She was about to call the post office to see what was going on when my daughter saw our family dog in the back yard with something in his mouth.

Long story short, Rascal the dog is a lover of vintage cards apparently and was trying to chew through. He had already shredded the envelope and cardboard and was trying to get through the thick Beckett case before his attempt was thwarted by my wife and daughter.

As you can see from the picture the case held strong and the card wasn't in the least bit damaged. Normally I break out all graded cards because I prefer them raw for display but this story is so great it is still encased.

Drew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (13.1 KB, 58 views)