View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Default first pick up of the new year!!

Posted By: marty q

whoa! i have not been on for a few days...thanks for all your concern, realy!!!, i only have an inch ruler, my son has my clear scale in school, could meausure better when i get it, but it does meausure correct, matter of fact when i compare it to the other 150+ in my set it's either right on, a little short, or a little over sized, what does that tell you?. tmy concern when i looked at it was the lft border, if you notice there is a speckled background going from jj ear to the bottom border, it bleeds a liitle into the border, this shows a non uniformed white border, the real concern is the cert run, i did do a check but not a run, i will send to psa for a review and call joe o, not sure what psa will do if libel.

when i look at the border/edges, i dont see any chipping or wavy cuts, i use a jewlers loop with a light, plus a more powerful gem stone magnifier..but that does not mean it is not micro trimmed, hard to do but done right just about impossible to see. thats where a measurement comes in...

griffins-not sure if i should thank you for cert scan, it may hurt...anymore on top and bottom to that scan?

arthur-thanks for the time to post you opinion, and do some work.

boxingcardman-?? e mail me and i will give you my # and do my best to answer your questions as to why i make the decisions i do when buying cards, do i flip! no, but what if i did? was it going into my reg set,it would not even move it a pt. so no, it would have been there already, but what if it were? and as far as 5 times the value, i know you know better than that, do you think it's only worth $700? in a psa 8...smr is not my bible for sure, ifr 10% of the prices were right on that would be high.do i think your being a jerk, not sure, why are some of the ?'s relevent to the card. please explain. explain what your getting at??? do you want my resume, it starts around 25 years ago, like i said call me and we can talk all you like