View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default first pick up of the new year!!

Posted By: Anthony N.

Marty- didn't mean to bust your chops on this one, it was more an indictment of the grading. The certs before this run were modern football, the ones after were mid '80's Clemens rookies, so it seemed like it was logical that the ones I posted were all one submission.
Last year I bought 2 '48 Leaf baseball cards that looked trimmed to me (one was a 7, the other an 8) so I ran the certs. Sure enough, over 80% of that submission were trimmed. IMO when you get that many like that they were all trimmed- I know the 2 I won most certainly were.
As Kevin Saucier has shown, it's not all about wavy edges or chipping. The bevel of the cut, micro bits of sand in embedded in the edge, or just a card like this that tapers and the borders are too small can all be indicators of trimming. As can a submission of high dollar cards that are virtually all rejected, with the survivors sold thru an auction house.
As far as boxingcardman (Adam) he literally wrote the book on boxing cards, so I have no doubt his questions are legit and without malice.
I hope PSA will buy this one back should you chose to go that route.