View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 09:43 PM
Dan Be$$e++e

Default Venezuelan Mail Day!!

Exciting mail day for me. Last week I came across a lot of 1968 Venezuelan Topps on eBay, that included a league leaders card w/ Yaz, cards of a couple of other HOFers and several Red Sox. The cards are in really rough shape, but I set a snipe, and won them for significantly less. 31 cards for $51 delivered! I know they're beaters, but when have you ever heard of Venezuelans for less than 2 bucks apiece?

Out of the 31, I'm keeping 16 and I plan to sell or trade the other 15. Below are scans of the 16 I'm keeping. 15 of them will eventually be subbed to PSA (all but the Petrocelli). Enjoy!

Yaz's face is a little rough, but having this copy is better than having no copy at all, right?? Plus can't beat the price.

Speaking of Yaz, these 2 all star cards count for my Yaz collection. The backs are 2 pieces of a 10 piece Yaz puzzle. Below is a photo of my completed puzzle from the American 68 Topps set. Venezuelan puzzle is the same when complete.

OK, back to my very legal immigrants:

^ 2 HOFers ^ About half the cards have some degree of paper loss on back. The Stargell has the worst back of the bunch.

Thanks for looking. Venezuelans are tough enough that, beaters or not, I'm very happy with this purchase.