Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Jason A. Schwartz

I usually post on the baseball card side, but I just picked up an intriguing one-of-a-kind (hopefully) photo of Hank Aaron. It's glued onto a scrapbook page, so I may never know what markings, if any, are on the back. I also have just a modicum of info from the seller.

The seller believes the photo to be from 1954 and even suggested that it might have come directly from Hank Aaron. The seller did not purport the signature to be that of Hank Aaron but rather saw it as a caption put there by the scrap-booker.

I may never know exactly what this is, but I do feel confident that it's a pretty unique and attractive early snapshot of the Hammer, definitely better than what I would have pulled off had I had my camera in hand on the same occasion.

I'll happily entertain any opinions from those of you more knowledgeable about this sort of thing. The only professional opinion I got prior to purchase was from a Milwaukee historian who ascertained that this is indeed Milwaukee County Stadium in the background.

AARON.jpg

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/