View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 10:05 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
It's in a slab, and that's supposedly what they authenticate, so not sure why it matters what they classify it as.

I got a similar message when I sold a Boxing Cabinet card I listed in the trading cards category. They just sent it on to the buyer, the buyer didn't care a single bit about the authentication anyways, so it all ended up fine in the end.
Dave, along this same line, I asked an eBay rep this afternoon why this N173 Old Judge cabinet card was not included in eBay's Authentication Program. and I was told it's because this card is listed in the Sports Memorabilia category, and not the Sports Trading Card category. I countered that either the eBay computer program or an eBay staffer should have flagged this card as being in the wrong category when it was listed. The rep's response was that eBay can't catch everything, and no, eBay is not going to take action now so that this card will be subject to Authentication. https://www.ebay.com/itm/404761183339
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.