View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Once an unpaid item case has been opened the buyer has 4 days in which to make payment. If during that time payment is not made, a strike will be given. eBay shortened the waiting time which is about the only thing they have given sellers over the last two years in which they have stripped away everything else.

My auctions are set to open an unpaid item case after 4 days. The auctions all clearly state that but I also offer more time if I am contacted prior to the close of the auction. Since I now only accept paypal I figure it takes a few seconds to click the button. The auctions are up for 5 to 7 days add on another 4 days (8 actually if you include the time allowed after the unpaid case is opened) which should be more than enough time to budget for the purchase.

Sellers are required to ship within 3 days of payment being received so why is it so unreasonable to expect a buyer to pay within 8? Even if sellers do ship within 3 days they are still subject to negative feedback or, worse, low DSRs if the buyer is unreasonable or unhappy with transit time.