View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 09:42 PM
Bob C.

Ron,

I'll get them scanned and post copies tomorrow but, a question for you. I know you have a heck of a silk collection yourself. I'm a bit surprised but, you really don't already have ad-backed copies of both Tony Smiths, one with the Rustlers and one with the Superbas, and a Steinfeldt with the Cubs?

I know the Tony Smith with the Rustlers is really really tough but, I didn't think Steinfeldt with the Cubs was that hard to find. Are you sure you're not confusing that with a Steinfeldt playing for the Rustlers ad-backed silk, which I believe does not exist in the white version silks at all? I've got three Steinfeldt-Cubs silks with the ad-backing still attached myself, so I know those can't be that tough to find. I'll scan what I have so you can see them tomorrow then.

Still, I thought I heard through the grapevine that you already had a complete set of all the ad-backed white silks, minus the 5 that don't actually exist. Without those 5 it leaves a total of 87 different players/silks that you should be able to find in the S74-1 white version with ads still attached then to have a complete set. I'd been stalled at 79 different myself for a few years till I was able to finally find a Carrigan a little earlier this year. Now I'm up to 80 different with the ads still attached, and down to 7 to go.

By the way, thanks for the initial post about silks. You rarely see anyone bring up S-74 silks in the forum at all. Nice change of pace from the usual postings and stuff everyone always talks about. And have you noticed how many other people have chimed in on this thread........? No wonder these silks are way undervalued in my opinion, they don't get a lot of love it seems.

BobC