Thread: Aaron Judge
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 06:57 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I guess I just don't know why people don't want him to be good. There are some really pessimistic posts in this thread about a guy with a feel good story who's liked and respected by pretty much everyone in baseball. I admit I never thought he'd play as well as he has, but now that he's succeeding all I want to do is root for him.
I don't think that is the case at all. Most in this thread, including me, do not wish him to do poorly, we just wish, with those that have him touted as being the next Mickey Mantle or Babe Ruth, would be a little more realistic in their assessment of him at such an early stage in his career.

I like the guy, and I hope he continues to climb and do well as I think it is great for baseball, but paying what some have, even for manufactured rare cards, like has been said numerous times, is just plain silly.

There is nothing wrong with speculating/hoping, but with the crazy prices we were/have been seeing with his cards, hopefully you can understand why some were being a little less optimistic $$$ than others.