View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlenane View Post
Can I just say thanks to all those who responded? Honestly this is why this board is so great. There is information here that just isn't searchable particularly the primary sources with Rosen. I just love all the context and history buried in the members here. Also as an aside - I dabbled in vintage pack opening videos on YouTube - I paused after about 12 videos but the interest was definitely there with one of my videos topping 10 thousand views. Anyway in one of the videos I crack a psa graded Bowman 52(or 51 can't recall) Football penny pack. Card was a horror show bc of the gum stain but the condition was flawless otherwise. Anyway after i shot the vidoe the gum just stared me down and dared me to eat it - so I did. It dissolved immediately into some kind of paint removal chemical which I immediately spat out. So that's 65 year old gum - maybe an additional 2 or 3 years livens it back up? Anyway I'm assuming that's a record for oldest piece of gum chewed on the board - so please send me donations for my future hospital bills.
I openned 5 cent packs of 54 and 55 Bowman where all the cards were ruined by the gum. Other packs where it was just the top card. So, anything is possible with this one.