View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Anthony

100% agree with the 2nd chance offer, I never except them even if I need the item. I am always worried about some kind of shill bidding going on. This recently happened to me I lost out on a Willie Mays signed Jersey (forgot what it went for) but I got into a bidding war with another bidder (with low feedback) and he won the item for like $2 over my max bid. (this is after bidding each other up $50 in a 3 min span). Anyway about an hour after the auction I get a 2nd chance offer on it. I declined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsguy1969 View Post
Let me start off by saying that I think Joey bought a photo off of me a few months ago. He paid in a timely fashion and I left positive feedback. But it does annoy me to hear he hasn't paid a bunch of other sellers. And then just brushes it off with the whole "I have a problem and I'm working on it" schtick. Fine, you're working on it. Good luck with that.

But it's not just your problem. Some might say, no harm, no foul, the seller will just relist. Not that simple. Aside from the time wasted waiting for a non-payer to pay (and time is money, as they say), then having to file a claim and wait for the ebay idiots to refund your fees, I've found that once an auction item sells at a certain price and it isn't paid for, it inevitably does worse the next time it's listed. Often MUCH worse. And the second-chance offer for the next highest bidder is a waste of time. No one ever accepts in my experience. People are always suspicious it's a scam, or there's something wrong with the item. So a photo that maybe sold for $150 to a non-payer is relisted, but because it's now "tainted" in some bidders' eyes, it only sells for $100 next time. So the seller's out 50 bucks, plus time wasted, plus annoyance. Now multiply that by the dozens of instances where it appears Joey didn't pay. He might have cost sellers hundreds of dollars, or even into the thousands.

I hope you get yourself together, Joey, I honestly do. But just know that your actions have real consequences. If you can't pay, don't bid. If you can't pay your bills, don't bid. Some of us do ebay as a second job so we CAN pay our bills. I know I do. I enjoy ebay and selling, but stuff like this is endlessly frustrating as a seller.

Rob
2013 Topps Autograph Set: 84/660 12.72% Complete
2014 Topps Heritage W/SP's: 393/500 78.6% Complete