View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Default Observations of Shipping Cost Complaints

Posted By: erstevens

Josh - I can't argue with you. All I know is my side, and I'm just a buyer (and a bottom feeder at that). Still, how many times have I paid $4 for shipping (and handling) for a #10 envelope with $0.60 postage and a top loader? Granted, these are eBay sellers who probably are not full-service dealers. While I'll admit that I am complaining, I don't think that I have the right to do so. I won't bid on a lot unless it states the shipping charges. I knew the deal going into the bid, and I bid according to the terms of the seller. I've won plenty of auctions, and I've never had one of those #10 envelopes get damaged or lost while en route to me. I agreed to the shipping, and it got shipped.

My problem with some of the posts in this thread is that the seller seems to be complaining that his own assumptions or approximations were wrong. You made the mistake in determining the shipping costs, and you pay for it. You can't turn around and ask the seller for more money. (Likewise, the buyer shouldn't ask for a refund on shipping if the terms are openly stated from the get go.) - Erland