View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
That's the trouble with "Modern" way too many RC's exist.
This is a list of his recognized RC's, but as you will see, they are categorized from least to most desirable which makes picking his "True, singular RC" practically impossible.
https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...r-rookie-cards

I have been looking at John Tavares RC's, and although his Young Guns RC is pretty much thought to be his "true" RC, many others from the same 09-10 season also exist.

I am not sure if Jeter has that one card like Tavares does, however?
Modern hockey kind of has tiers for rookie cards. This is totally subjective but like you said, the Young Guns RC is basically the 'best' normal, old-school rookie card to own.

SP Authentic Future Watch Autographs are the high end rookies that command big, big premiums despite being much more readily available than some of the rarer counterparts like Ice autographs, Ultimate, Black, Trilogy, etc.

Then there's the Cup. At that point--I just don't know what to say. The prices those cards get blow my friggin' mind every single year. Some of them are down right ugly and still pull 10K easy. Set and brand history/pedigree can go a long, long way!

As for Jeter--the SP is most definitely his most iconic rookie card if you go by the 'old' Beckett RC definition. If you're looking for a card from his first full season, or even '95-there are just sooo many great options.

Last edited by WillBBC; 07-19-2018 at 11:38 AM.