View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Default Who still has their cards from when they were kids?

Posted By: Robert

at 11 years old in the early 70's I had books on all the hall of famers and was only interested in collecting those cards. I worked for my dad in the summers for $50.00 per week and every saturday I would take a bus to ACME cards owned by Goody Goldfladden and would spend my entire pay on every hall of famer I would ask for "Cobbs" $6.00 each, Johnson $4.00, Walsh $2.00, only collected T206, T205, 33 & 34 Goudeys, 39 & 40 Playballs and Diamond Stars. After m Bar Mitzvah my dad let me have $3000.00 to spend on my collection and I had a field day at Goody's. The best card I got was a T206 Plank which still is not graded and I would estimate it at least a 5 borderline 6 for $50.00. My collection is still in the plastic sheets and books that I put them in when I was a kid. My only regret is I was not knowledgable enough or cared about trying to complete sets and get the error cards which I am sure I could of done cheaply. But I am very happy with what I have and keep it in a safty deposit box that I visit a few times a year to reflect on my childhood.