View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default As things evolve....your current focus on collecting pre-war?

Posted By: Jimi

I am collecting every year in Cleveland's existance, so generally most cards are Topps from 1952 until now with a spattering of Bowman in the 50s and a spattering of Donruss, Fleer, and Upper Deck, etc. in the 80s and later. A nice ecclectic binder indeed. Prewar cards are simply whatever I can find from that year, but as in all years, it is not necessary for the player to be in a Cleveland uniform. For example, Roger Maris's RC is the 1958 Topps card, but he was actually in the opening day lineup in 1957. That poses a problem for my 1957 Opening Day Lineup if there isn't a card!

I forgot to mention above that with my HOF Collection, I am working on a 25 Card HOF Collection, much like a handful of others. The basic idea is to sell a card from the collection if I buy for the collection. There won't be anymore or any less than 25. I just started this a few weeks ago, and am loving it. MUCH cheaper than collecting every HOFer in existance as I have tried to do before. Can't do that with a teacher's salary!

Jimi