View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 07:07 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
Ya, I wasn't saying that deGrom was a bad pitcher or was worse than someone 21-5 with a 5.00 ERA.
I'm just saying that its obvious that wins don't matter for individual pitchers and I'm indifferent.

Nothing was ever wrong with winning before. But those days are gone.
If a team decides to use a new pitcher every inning then no starting pitcher will ever earn a win ( Frank posted about this previously)
I think its foolish. But whatever...

There were plenty of pitchers winning Cy Young awards by winning games. And plenty of batters winning MVP awards by having high batting average and driving in a lot of runs. Suddenly that doesn't apply anymore.

Please consider removing thine self from my lawn.
I also not addressing getting the W, whats interesting to me is whether the team gets the W. Afterall thats what you pay your pitcher for...for whatever reason if your team doesnt get wins when a certain pitcher starts and it happens over and over with a cy young winner....just wondering if that should matter

yes if SP is not getting deep into games that could matter, but then why pay them so much money. Running backs in the NFL just arent valued like they used to be pay wise...if Cy Young pitchers dont net their team wins and its more of the bullpen deciding everything..that would be interesting in terms of future value....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-21-2019 at 08:12 AM.