View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin53 View Post
What concessions do you make since it is impossible to collect all the cards from your favorite team ? I am a Cardinal collector and collect from 1887 (American Association Browns) to present day. A few concessions I've made are collecting fronts and not backs, no variations, no sister set cards, no parallels. Most of my Cardinals are collector grade as over my 36 years of adult collecting I have preferred quantity to quality.
Do you limit your team collecting by time frame, type of cards, one of each player, one from each set ? Just curious to see if anyone has similar "rules" to mine.
I would start with trading all of your Cardinal cards for Cubs players. Where I grew up, they would burn your home to the ground for having such obscene material in your home. Go Cubs Go!

On the more serious side, i have a complete run of Topps Cubs cards from 1951 to present. My rule is I collect only the base set and update set as there are so many insert cards that it would drive you crazy trying to collect those in addition to the base cards.

Last edited by kmac32; 06-21-2014 at 08:27 PM.