View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Joe

Default another example...

another example...for 20 years (literally, not kidding) I have stared at these football RPPCs. I love them and they are framed in the hallway leading to my office. I could not pinpoint what year/game, so I just went on with enjoying them as is. Finally got a clue (or at least put more effort in) and determined they were 1909, which led me to confirming they were from the 1909 Cornell - Chicago football game. That allowed me to confirm who and what was happening in each image as I tied it to early news articles.

They are also photographed by J.P.Troy, the official university photographer for many years. I have become an avid collector of Troy athletic images, and for each I try to add some historical context. In the link you will also see a 1923 Troy RPPC from the Cornell-Williams game, and a Program from that game. There is an advertisement for J.P. Troy in the 1923 Cornell/Williams game program, advertising "Pictures and Postcards of this Game will be on sale on Monday". What's cool is having the actual RPPC from this game that was sold by Troy at the Co-Op that Monday.

http://antiquesportscollector.com/JPTroy.html