Thread: Tebow circus
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 09:08 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Adam Greenberg was a professional baseball player who did have a major league at bat, which he earned. He was hit in the head. He has nothing in common with Tebow. His second at bat was an act of good will which, again, is not at all similar or related to Tebow. Michael Jordan should not have been given a roster spot either and he played at a much higher level than Tebow will. I think it helped that Jordan was a successful athlete though in terms of public perception, which is what we're talking about.
Tebow was also a successful athlete and considered one of the greatest college football players of all time.

Wrong on greenberg..he had a prior plate appearence but not an at bat.. He got one at bat in 2012 and had ZERO games in the minors that year and was not in the Marlin minor league system He ended up getting a total of 30 games in 2013 for independent league for Bridgeport and hit .220 which was the rest of his entire career. You are fine with greenberg playing in a real game in which he wasnt even a part of the marlin organization, but against Tebow for spring training game for which is in an active member of the minor league team?

He did not earn the at bat years after that plate appearance. His second at bat was an act of good will and you are fine with that? So if good will is now a part of it, why cant Tebow and many others get Good will?

I would argue Tebow playing baseball is at least an act of good will (which you seem ok with )and at least he is just playing spring training. Greenberg took a major league regular season at bat away from a major leaguer and he struck out on 3 pitches and out of baseball completely shortly there after. Yeah you are ok with Greenberg playing in a major league game but against Tebow in a spring training game. I dont think thats a consistent point of view. There are a lot of good will/charity cases of players i can name that have just as much of a right to play as adam greenberg.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-09-2017 at 09:16 AM.