View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 10:28 AM

An AH is not a bad idea under your circumstances, and Scott has already offered a fee-break, which is gracious and his AH is really up and coming, so that is a very fine option.

However, if you choose to try to sell direct first, Net54's BST is a great place to list the item. I, personally, have bought, sold, and traded many valuable items through Net54 BST, some of which were substantially more than $4k. First, you can "vet" any potential buyer by asking around (Leon has always been a solid reference resource) and in some cases, I have seen entire threads asking the board what they know about person X or Y. Second, you can insist on PayPal Friends and Family, which means the decision to return money is on you since PayPal (I think) has no policing responsibility. Finally, the risk of reputation damage on this Board to someone who punts on a deal may serve as a built-in protection against being a slimy buyer (and seller).

Regardless, good luck. And if your item is is something rare and old, PM me - I may be interested!