View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 04:35 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Mattson View Post
There are still 16 publications from 1961-71 on my want list. I know someone who owns most of them, but they're not leaving his collection any time soon. IMO, here are 6 of the tougher ones:

Killebrew doesn't have the collector following today that a lot of other HOFers have, but he was more popular and respected during the 1960s than some people today realize. I've documented over 50 publications on which Harmon was cover-featured just from his playing days (1955-1975), and I'm sure my list isn't complete. This is a montage I posted on net54 a few years back right after Harmon died:
Thanks so much for posting the publications; really enjoyed the view. Appreciate you posting the hard to find issues as well. WOW; he's on a lot of covers that's for sure and you're missing 16 issues that you know of during the '61-71 time frame. Do you happen to know if he's on any foreign issues? I collect Brooks and those are some of the hardest to come by w/him pictured. Also, some of the newspaper inserts are rather tough as well.

During the '60's as well as now I've been a Killebrew fan, even though I'm a die hard O's fan. He was just the best of his team, along w/Oliva. He sure was scary when he was at the plate; could change the game in an instant. You sure picked a great HOF to collect and even a better human being.