View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Richard Cline

This was my 1st National so I can't compare to any of the other venues. I kind of expected food to be expensive and it was certainly enjoyable to see all of the cards available, even if I wasn't purchasing in the high dollar range.

It sounds like Chicago was a great place to host the National, that would still be within driving distance for me, approx. 5 hours, so I'd like to experience the convention there in 2 years.

Overall, I had a great time, the highlight was meeting some board members at the dinner.

Oh yeah, background music would be good, but it would have to be soft enough to allow discussion and would have to vary enough to not drive people crazy that are confined to their booths for 5 days.

Edit to add: I felt welcomed by the majority of dealers, even some who just wanted to share info. regarding particular players. One dealer shared a scrapbook of Ted Kluszewski material after I asked him about a '49 Leaf of Klu, he didn't have the card but shared the album. I'm sure he would have liked for me to purchase it but he just thought it was a pretty cool item, which it is.

RC

Last edited by rc4157; 08-04-2009 at 06:07 PM.