View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
In any market where such large amount of $$ are (apparently) changing hands, and articles are being written in Forbes magazine every time something significant sells, there will be speculators. If this meant an imminent collapse of the market there would never be a time to buy real estate in Florida, Hawaii, New York City, etc., etc.
+1. Concerning $717,000 PSA 10 Rose rookies, $600,000+ Ryan "10's" and the like, focusing on the long rather than short term, I would be far more willing to bet on the "big doom," rather than "boom." In an investor/speculator driven market, most of these buyers don't stay, and when they leave, prices return to the level a true, long-term collector will pay. As I said before, I might be too pessimistic, but once that happens, don't be surprised if the decimal point moves about one place to the left on such items. I like the future appreciation potential far more on the PSA 7 1929 R316 Kashin Mel Ott I just won in the latest PWCC auction than any of the above.

Highest regards,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 02-08-2017 at 03:54 PM.