View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 10:35 AM
bobby

Default Cobb

I would agree 1914-19. there is two things about this bat . the color of the decal is bright resembling the early P&F sheet could be early?. there are darker version of this decal I don't know why but this decal usually has more green?. I have seen both on other bats natural color or just age I don't know. the bat itself is thin below the decal. I have seen similar bats that I guess it was difficult to stamp this thin tapered area. leaving most with a week center emblem.
if it is a 12 inch bat I would call it H&S. with no evidence to back this up.
14 inch H&B . I have mentioned in the past. there is controversy in my opinion. why isn't there a center brand stamp. I would reference the three 12 inch Wagner bats. exact same bat. one has the reverse decal center brand on the other side of the decal. the decal that goes over the center brand. and the one with no center brand, it is my opinion they wanted every bat to have a center brand. your Cobb the Wagners. the decals are almost always found in near perfect condition.
I would argue your bat was never sold to the public?. I prefer a center brand . but you would have a difficult time finding five of them just like it.

I believe they had problems with these bats. I assume they made mini bats while waiting on the decals.there are variations of every bat. I believe early in the mini bat proses they tried using left over material from the 48 inch Billets of full size bats to make these bats?.
they ordered the decals and they didn't fit the bats they made.

the only bat that is basically the same every time you see one is the Jackson. that I believe was only available from late 1914-16?.

Last edited by minibatsman; 01-09-2018 at 11:12 AM.