View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 05:46 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I am all for doing something about those texting while driving. Avoiding those morons is a full time job while driving or going for a walk. I have really noticed how bad it is while walking recently. I would say close to 25% of people I see are on their phones. It absolutely amazes me how there are not way more accidents/deaths because of them.

Last year I had a police officer almost hit me head on because he was playing on his phone. When we passed each other over half his car was in my lane.

On the school gun thing. Now we have a police officer at each school. When I was in HS about 20% of the vehicles(all unlocked) had guns in them and there was never a problem. I live in a rural area so many of us hunted on the way to and from school.

Ben- I couldn't agree with you more about the texting while driving. But, it's not just texting...it's distracted drivers...I cannot seem to get my brother to stop calling me on his 'hands-free' phone on the way home from work...in Atlanta mind you. He doesn't seem to grasp the idea that 'hands-free' does not solve the problem.

I'm glad to hear your HS never had a problem when you were there...I graduated 44 years ago...and we had fights and racial incidents, but no incidents involving firearms. Some people were injured, but nobody was killed.

But, let's focus on today's world...things are different...people are different.

Let me hear an idea from you, Ben...on reducing campus shootings.

I promise not to criticize your opinion...it's just important to get all opinions out there (here) so they can be discussed in a civilized manner...at least, that is my hope.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente