View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 03:18 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
“Bobfreedman” was kind enough to find this picture from the Occidental Hotel, October 1924 dinner to celebrate the Senators’ WS win. Hard to see the pennants on display but these are all the same, and one is also pictured below. Now this was in a Legendary catalog when a fancier version of this pennant fetched a mint (everything same except there was a Walter J. graphic inside the baseball and the laces in the ball ran vertical.

I don't know of any other '24 Senators pennants, does anyone else?

As a side note, does anyone recall the similarity between this and a 1925 Pirates pennant?
That photo of the 1924 banquet is in the program for the 1925 banquet, also held at the Occidental Hotel in D.C. The WaJo version in Legendary and the one pictured with the blank baseball (yours?) are the only copies of each I've ever seen. I'm guessing the ones on the wall of the restaurant are the only ones of that style that were produced, and who knows about the origins of the WaJo example? It's hard to believe that if either of them had been sold inside or outside the ballpark at the four games of the series in D.C., only one survivor of each would be known today. Who would have thrown theirs away after the Nationals' glorious victory?