View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kindler View Post
First off, Chris, that Tin Top of White is stunning in its red background color.

Secondly,
I fought the snow and ice and drove about 11 hours (Normal is 7 1/2 hrs) round trip to the Chicago show on Saturday. (The old Chicago Sun Times show). I had a great, relaxing time tempted by 3 main items that I was interested in. The two dealers that I decided to pass on were very polite and cordial even in my declining of doing business with them, so if I ever get a chance to buy from them in the future, I will. But I did decide to spend my allowance on 3 great cards. The two Goudeys are towards my low grade 33 set and the Ruth is something I have always wanted. It is the 1922 E121 "Montage" pose. I love this card of Ruth in his prime, with the idol/godlike image of him in the background of him standing in a full view Yankees Uniform. LOVE this card!!! Thanks to Kristin and Chris Buckler for selling them to me at a very satisfying price.
Tim Kindler
Very nice Ruth Montage