Thread: Vote!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Default Vote!!!

Posted By: Dave F

Barry-

I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but why should it be seen as a landmark in American history. I guess thats what bothers me. I'm 32 years old...I'm not from the old generation and haven't been witness to some of the things that even you at your age would have seen in the 50's, 60's. (not that your old happy.gif ) But what bothers me is I really don't know to this day what Obama is all about. I haven't seen any concrete platform he stands on...he has flip-flopped on many issues (as I guess many politicians do). I agree Sarah Palin was not a good choice for VP, she lacks experience, but so does Obama. The thing he was better at....is talking. Talking gets you so far. It would have been refreshing if Obama's short track record in the Senate would have been more on the lines of thinking for himself instead of voting with his party on every issue. We honestly should be past the stage of having to say how wonderful it is an African-American man is President. Being 32 I don't see the big issue there, I really don't. From my perspective he ran a blanket campaign and it was McCain's fault for not pushing issues moreso in the debates than he did. There were many subjects had McCain just pushed issues that Obama would have looked a little foolish trying to get out of.

This campaign shouldn't have had anything to do with race. It really shouldn't. Every interview I've seen on TV, with blacks and whites are how wonderful it is to have this man in office. I just hope all those people that voted for him saw something more in the glass half full than what I did other than voting for him based on color and what a "landmark in American history" this would be.