View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:38 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I think they need to get rid of the 10 player minimum. And probably change the votes. I think once you give a player your vote, it should stick throughout their entire candidacy. This isn't about comparing players that are on the same ballot, it's about who deserves to be in the HOF..

I've seen WAY too many articles from these voters, where they've mentioned how they voted for someone in the past, but not this year(sometimes, for no reason whatsoever). In the cases where damaging evidence comes out won't matter, because they still won't be gaining votes to get in(although I could see the possibility of petitioning to be allowed to remove someone) Once you cast your vote that you think that someone IS a HOFer, it should stick.. Removing the limits could eliminate this problem on it's own though....

Also, if a voter turns in a ballot with NO names, then it shouldn't count towards the total. The guys that don't turn theirs in, don't count towards the totals, so why should an empty one? My feeling is that the guys who turn in empty ballots are mostly just doing so to be D1CKS...