Thread: PSA Vs. SGC
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Tony W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Is it really customer service if you're not a customer? They do respond to their customers (submitters), but it has been slow and annoying (for thing like trying to get mislabeled cards fixed. Their customer service people aren't really "card" people and have the knowledge to answer your questions. Those people have to send them up the chain, in my experience.

The Registry Set team is actually very responsive and knows more about cards.
I agree with most of the positives said about PSA. However, I also agree with the comments about their customer service being poor.

I contacted them recently when I signed up for my membership and received an autograph book instead of the PSA shirt that was supposed to come with my membership. The website even had me go through picking out the size of the shirt. (This was NOT really a big deal, but my I had given last year's shirt to my wife and told her she was a PSA 10. I told her another shirt was on the way when I renewed my membership only to find an autograph book in the mail, so I was a little bummed out.) I emailed and called them. Over a month passed with no response. I never received a return call at all. Then I got an email saying that I had received the book and not the shirt because I renewed my membership after 8/1/16. I told them that simply checking my credit card statement proved that I renewed on 7/26, and that their records should also reflect this as the date of payment. I received absolutely no further correspondence from them. Two weeks later I got the shirt in the mail. They ultimately solved my issue, which was not a big deal to begin with, but their initial response was unacceptably slow and incorrect, despite the fact that the date on which I paid was very easy to validate on their part. This is just one of several similar interactions that I've had with their customer service department. The impression I get is that they are understaffed and that there is culture that is based at least to some degree on saving a buck as opposed to pleasing and keeping customers. They are making TONS of money off of us and some of it should be put into improving their customer service. As for now, I'm still a member of the registry and they'll still be getting my money because I appreciate their product.