View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 06:01 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageVinnie View Post
This has bothered for me for some time now. Not just this guy, but modern players today in all sports. SIGN YOUR FRIGGIN' NAME!! I get that today's players are crushed with autograph requests. I don't know if players feel rushed or just don't care or both. I'm not saying you need an "A+" in penmanship, but I should be able to make out who the player is. All these signatures with a single letter and a couple slashes...ugh. Take some pride in your name. The fact that these guys can't take 5-7 seconds to sign a legible signature borders on stupid.

Keep in mind that many schools no longer even teach cursive writing; everything is done on a computer. On the off-chance that something is written on paper, it's printed.

Basically, we have failed our children over the last couple of generations, by not teaching them how to write.

Spelling and grammar are other areas where we've failed the current generation or two. Just look on Facebook, twitter, and other social media. Heck, even the big news agencies like CNN and Fox News are littered with obvious spelling and grammatical errors. Too many words are simply shortened, abbreviated, or turned into an acronym. Basic spelling and grammar have been discarded.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox