View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 12:17 PM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmountainslim View Post
My collection is mainly t206 and players I like from the 30s through the 70s but I decided to pick up a few modern cards of players I know and like. I got a 2019 Bowman of Guerrero Jr, a 2018 Topps Chrome of Mark Trumbo and Mike Trout among a few others. The one that surprised me most was the 1986 traded card of Barry Bonds. Just looking on eBay it appears to be almost worthless and I got a good one for five bucks. Even graded examples can be found for 15 bucks or less. I was a little bit surprised by this and my memory tells me that this was a $60 card back in the 90s unless I'm remembering wrong. I know he is a dope player and the card came out during the junk era but somehow I thought it would be worth a little bit more than that.
In a PSA10 (pretty common card, around 4K population), it goes for around $100-$120. His Fleer Update card in PSA 10 goes for a bit more despite having a much lower population,but it is the card earmarked by PSA as his rookie for the Future Hall of Fame registry. If he were to actually get in, I suspect that card will skyrocket.