View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone else collect Season Passes?

Posted By: David Smith

Five years ago, I missed out on a sterling silver 1899 Cincinnati Reds Season Pass at an auction. This was the only baseball item in the auction. The Reserve was $5,000 and it did not sell. After the auction was over, I asked the auction company if the seller would go any lower. They called the owner and he said he would take $4,000 for it. I tried but couldn't come up with the money. I never found out who the owner was but the way it sounded, he had some other old baseball items. What they were and how or where he got them, I have no clue.

Being a life-long Reds fan and also someone who likes rare items, this is one piece I am really upset over because I couldn't add it to my collection.

At the auction, I tried to read who the pass was issued to but couldn't because the writing was really small and light and it was in fancy cursive. I printed this picture off of the auction company website as a remembrance of that day and also, hopefully, so that I can use it in the future to try and track this piece down.

David