View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 PM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie804 View Post
My wife taught elrmrntary school children for 40 years! K-5 teachers have what they call "treasure boxes" for the children when they finish a project, etc. I have been putting my $1.00 and under cards in team bags----25 cards a bag with at least 4 or 5 star cards in each and giving these team bags to the teachers at two schools for the past five years. I am told the cards are among the most popular treasures!
Couldn't be more accurate. Thanks for sharing that with us Larrie. I'm sure the teachers have told you that it really does make a difference. Many kids need a lot to be motivated to learn. Though i teach music, I integrate mathematics into reading music quite a bit. 1. I love math, 2. Math and music are very similar. Anyway, I've had kids tabulate the statistics on the back of cards, and they love it. I remember doing that as a kid, just for fun... Anyone else with me on that?

I've given many to individual teachers at my school, and the goal is to be able to include it within the School-wide Behavior/Incentive plan that we come up with at the beginning of each school year.

I just was told by MWheat that he is sending some unopened packs.

You guys are awesome!

Last edited by npa589; 05-24-2013 at 05:57 PM.