View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 02:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This is a great thing of you to do for the kiddos, Nate. Good luck with everything. I think I have a few newer cards I can send soon too. Take care (please shoot me a PM with the shipping address)......LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by npa589 View Post
Hey all, it's been a while! The hobby has reluctantly taken a back seat in my life, and it wasn't planned. I've been so honed in on various home projects that I just haven't had the time.

Anyway, first day of school today - and wanted to push this back up to the top.

I can't really express how amazed I was by the generosity of many of you that donated to this cause, and it has most certainly been very successful. My sister-in-law teaches at a middle school now near me, where some of my students are bused in to attend, and every student she has talked to (usually is challenged with regard to behavior) remembers the cards I gave out when they were earned.

There are countless students who keep all of their cards in their backpack now, others who protect them at home, letting me know how many they have now. In fact, probably 15 students told me "I have *number cards at home!" this morning as they just saw me passing in the hallway trying to help with the chaos that is the first day. They also will trade them - it's remarkable, like a time warp. For the students who don't like them, I've told them to barter with other students who do want them - it's pretty funny seeing a kid trade a basketball card for a few cheetos.

Anyway - I'm nearly depleted of basketball and football, and wanted to provide the opportunity to again donate if you would like to!

Any football/basketball from any era - no matter how little value or who the player is - will be incredible. Condition is unimportant. Michael Jordans, etc, have a special place and they are earned over the course of months or a year. I have thousands of baseball cards still, both from my upbringing, and others who have donated. Basketball/football are certainly the most popular where I teach, though I can promise you I have added to the ranks of baseball fans as well - so as of right now, they are very high in demand - though I will of course take anything. (With some of the more advanced students - I have walked them through understanding the statistics on the back - something I loved doing as a kid).

If you are interested - email is the best: npa589 at gmail dot com

I'll provide you with the school address and can answer any questions you have as well.

If you would like a letter for tax purposes - I can easily provide that as well.

Hope you all are well and I look forward to speaking/hearing from some of you!

Nate

Last edited by Leon; 08-19-2015 at 06:34 AM.