Thread: Vin Scully
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDice View Post
Back in April, Vin Scully did a private autograph signing where prices started at $250. No offense to Mr. Scully, but do Ford Frick Award Winners autographs really hold their value?
It depends. Not all Ford Frick award winners cost near that much. Some, especially on balls, cost more if they won the award years after they passed away. There are a lot of collectors that do not consider FFA winners to be hof'ers, and some do...but then again, some don't think execs and umpires are either. For my collection, I consider them hof'ers and quite frankly I consider Buck O'Neil a HOF'er even though they just have an award named for him. Besides the obvious collectors that want any FFA's, there are collectors that add announcers to their team projects, and Vinny would fit the bill for several Dodger championship teams especially the 55 team. I haven't seen too many Scully baseballs for under 150 and he's getting up there in age, so to me $250 from a private signing doesn't sound too too bad, but then again I'm a big Vin Scully fan.