View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 10:05 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Maybe to answer your question more specifically, while I can't speak to everyone else, for me personally, I use PSA to grade a few last pieces that help to complete some master player sets that I'm working on, like my Master Mays or Master McCovey sets, usually only for items that are virtually impossible to find on the market in graded form, so I often end up picking them up raw and then getting them graded.

I suppose the other reason why I use them is for some oddball sets where I picked up some raw pieces, and I've decided to start a set on it, like the 1973 Topps Comics, where I recently picked up 23 of 24, or for the 1969 Globe Imports Checkerboard Backs, where I'm just a few pieces short of having a complete set now.

In both cases, if a piece grades one or two slots lower than it should have, I'm not sure that it bothers me that much, simply because these pieces are only going into my PC, and because the items are so difficult to find in any grade that just having one graded is good enough for me. And for the most part, while we all love to complain about TPGs, if I'm being honest, I'm not convinced that the grades I've been getting are really all that low.
The Power of PSA Registry !!! Love it :-) SGC is so far in the dust, they’re never gonna get yours and tens of thousand of others to stop or cross. It’s competitive, enjoyable/fun, and has an awesome platform/website. So powerful!

Last edited by Johnny630; 01-05-2023 at 10:06 AM.