View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Default Opening Day....Yankee Stadium 1923....and today

Posted By: T206Collector

They hadn't quite figured out the parking yet a couple of weeks ago. We had quite a walk to the new Stadium. And parking for dinner is a bit sketchy if you plan on going on a non-day game and staying past 10:00pm -- which we did. But it was a pretty neat dining experience and the food was outrageously good (and expensive). They serve the meals on plates that have different retired numbers on them -- my dinner was served on a Thurman Munson numbered plate, and my dessert was on a Babe Ruth numbered plate. Only downside is you cannot see the field from the restaurant -- you instead get a view of the 4-train and, for now, the old Yankee Stadium and Babe Ruth Plaza.

I am looking forward to May 23 because that is the date that the Metro North railroad station opens at the Stadium. I live on the Hudson line about 20 minutes north and plan to do all of my Yankee Stadium commuting via train from that point on.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visithttp://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!