View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.McMurry View Post
As a reply to the two previous posts, I do have checked "ship to US only",but on this particular auction someone named jrdunn1 emailed me and asked if I would ship to Canada and how much? Being relatively new to selling on the Bay I agreed and looked up the shipping on the Ebay calculator and came up with $6.81. This email and answer was posted to the auction page.
The winner of the item emailed me and asked me to amend the shipping charge,citing it as "outrageous" and "should be less than $3".(The post office says it should be $11.49 to have any tracking,insurance, etc.)

I do add on the Delivery confirmation on everything I have sold(mostly at a loss to me) except this one,simply because the buyer said he didnt want to pay more than $3 for shipping,which meant that I was going to have to eat over $7 in shipping. In hindsight I probably shoulda ate it,but at the time I thought that was asking too much.

I have found through experience that the buyers who usually complain about your shipping charges being "outrageous" are also the first ones to ask for a tracking number or start harassing you because a package hasn't shown up at their doorstep 12 hours after they ordered it.

Christmas is usually the worst time of year for that. Last week I had a woman order an item off my website on Monday morning.

Immediately after placing the order and seeing everything laid out in the shopping cart, including shipping charges.........she e-mailed me to complain about the shipping charges...............then to tell me she better have the item by Wednesday because she's leaving for Christmas vacation on Thursday. Oh, and I'm located on the East Coast and she's on the West Coast.

BTW, I charge a flat rate of $6.50 per order on my website, regardless of size and that usually includes Boxed Priority Mail shipping, Delivery Confirmation and also Insurance if I deem it necessary.