View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 12:36 AM
Bill Gregory

Leon, I don't understand why there is any issue with this rule at all. It's impossible to miss atop the forum, and it's unambiguous in its wording.

I get there might be some people who wish to discuss vintage cards, and not provide their full name (celebs, for one, might wish to maintain their privacy). And that's fine. But when one starts engaging in commentary beyond the collectibles themselves, opining about the people in the hobby, and their business practices, then these words can clearly have ramifications. That they are said in a virtual setting does not change that fact.

I think the relative anonymity of the internet has allowed people to get away murder (metaphorically speaking) for too long, and I strongly support the application of this rule. I relish the opportunity to speak on a myriad of topics without fear of censorship-that, along with the quality of people who frequent our forum, make Net 54 my favorite place on the web. But I am ever mindful that I could be held accountable for my words if I cross a line.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.