View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 07:00 PM
Michael I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
LOL, Thanks Michael. I was at 50 games in the 4th row before the age of 13. Went early, took SX-70 Polaroids of everybody and they all wanted to see the picture develop in front of their eyes Garvey, Cey, Messersmith, Russel et all. Do you think they ever tossed me a ball? Hell no. Do you think I didn't get run over every time a ball came by me? Sitting next to Casey Stengel for an entire game in the 105 degree heat, do you think he handed me a ball. hell no.

These kids need to build some moxie.

You get them as they come to you. If kids are in the way so be it. I did't even notice the kids or the spilled drinks until I had the ball. I thought I was nice refilling their drinks.
I got a foul ball at chicago cubs day game 5 years ago after putting my hands up to avoid a line drive to the face. got lucky as it dropped directly in front of me. Before I could even think another fan dove for it head butting me but i STILL GOT THE BALL!!!. It is safe and sound in a cube with the tickets...I also had smoltz toss me a ball after throwing practice...was pretty cool...still have that one too!!! Keep up the good work..if them kids want a ball they need to sharpen thier reflexes