View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 02:13 AM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
That's great Ryan - I wish I could have helped as I only have Topps and only Atlanta cards....no OPC either.

FYI- In your 'signature', I'm sure you meant to say '1961' not '1951'.

I have never purchased a Venezuelan card as I have been concerned with both the apparently much thinner card stock and the resulting conditions. That doesn't give you pause?

-Raymond
Actually, I do mean 1951 as that was the first year Topps released baseball cards, the Red and Blue backs. My ultimate goal is to collect every Topps base card of Braves players ever made, starting from 1951 to today, and including Venezuelans, OPCs, and I even bought some minis that Topps distributed in England back in the late 80s.

As with most collectors, I have gone away from that goal to collect other items, so if I had just focused on the cards, I'm fairly confident I'd be far into the 50's.

Now that I think about it, I'm glad you brought up my sig because I completed the '67 set and I'm just the Aaron short of completing the '66 and
'65 set. My goal this year is to complete the 60's and begin the harder, and more expensive, road of completing the 50's next year.

As it stands, all I have left to get are...

1960 Topps
300 Hank Aaron -- Milwaukee Braves
420 Ed Mathews -- Milwaukee Braves
445 Warren Spahn -- Milwaukee Braves

1961 Topps
415 Hank Aaron -- Milwaukee Braves
524 Johnny Logan -- Milwaukee Braves

1962 Topps
218 Joe Torre -- Milwaukee Braves
320 Hank Aaron -- Milwaukee Braves

1963 Topps
126 Bob Uecker -- Milwaukee Braves
320 Warren Spahn -- Milwaukee Braves
390 Hank Aaron -- Milwaukee Braves

1964 Topps
300 Hank Aaron -- Milwaukee Braves
541 Braves Rookies -- Niekro, Roof -- Milwaukee Braves

1965 Topps
170 Hank Aaron -- Milwaukee Braves

And typically, I'm not looking at Mint or even Nr-Mt. Ya, it would be nice to get those and if I can get them at the right price I'll snatch them up, but typically I go after centered cards that would grade around a PSA 5 or 6. No creases, no paper loss, no rounded corners, nothing like that. Just a nice card that presents nicely.