View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Default Good Luck to Everyone on the New Board

Posted By: Joann

Paul has some very good points. The change may have an unintended side effect of changing the demographic of the board. The less tech savvy may also tend to be the older collectors, and vice versa. So ultimately the change may lower the average age of participants while it raises the average tech-savviness.

I think the community overall is doing a great job trying to help with the transition. Craig W has started some awesome threads over on the new board for name transitions, how-to's, etc. A few of us have offered to help individuals get acclimated. Matt has made several posts on the new board describing settings that result in more familiar user interfaces and better ease of use. I'm sure the mods really appreciate the general board helping this way while they chase the technical issues.

I think the tranistion is going well and that the mods and the rest of the board has a lot to be proud of for being willing to help out. I can't think of many changes-to-environment moves I've made in my life that I didn't dislike at first and then grow to like. I think it will be the same here. We just need to help people get used to it. I thought the transfer of the original navigational icons was genius for this.

Joann

PS. Although I agree with Paul on a lot of things he said ... what's wrong with exchanging the Sunday paper for a Kindle?? hahaha. Kidding. I do have a Kindle 2 though and really like it for traveling and reading books.