View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 PM
Curt

I'm guessing that unless one specifically collect signatures on cards, a signature can be a distraction to most, especially if it is only 1-2 cards in a larger set that are signed and the rest remain unsigned.

Personally, I have made that one of the few collecting interests that I still actively pursue. I can't get enough signed cards and mostly I am talking the cheaper, newer players (60s and newer), most who are not real tough and are still living. Sometimes I find that I have 5-6 copies or more of certain cards signed, either because I got them in lots or really just like that crd and keep finding bargains. The record may be 10-11 of the same card. I mix that in with an occasional older card that I can get for a nice price or an obscure name. I have always felt that a signed card is better than one that is not signed and from the standpoint of scarcity, most cards will ultimately be harder to find signed, even a Bobby Doerr or Bob Feller card!

However, if I were just building team sets, I think having a few signed cards mixed in would be a distraction to me and I would either want the entire set signed or replace those signed cards with unsigned copies eventually.